Friday, May 8, 2009

i can do it!!

Lara can walk over 50 feet by herself now, and can ride the bike! Something happened last night during her sleep. Maybe the CP fairy came and waved some special healing dust over Lara's legs, and boosted her confidence at the same time. I noticed a difference with Lara this morning, when she just started walking around without needing to be motivated or encouraged. I told Gretchen as soon as we got to therapy this morning, so Lara did quite a bit of walking today. But first, we put her on the trike, and Lara just started pedaling down the hallway like she'd been doing it for weeks. We use a couple of different trikes at home-the one you see above is more of her "exercise" bike. I had to cut off the tassles, because we are no longer in the 1980's, and because they are really distracting to Lara. I don't think she is really quite consistent yet in her abilities, but she CAN. And she looks like such a big girl riding her bike!


This picture was taken beginning of May, 2008.

Around the same time, 2009.

Ahh, since I gave Dustin a hard time in my last post, I must now say:I received a beautiful mother's day bouquet of flowers today from "Lara and Claire." And Dustin has decided to get me what I want, though I think he is expecting me to make a career out of it. :)

1 comment:

Dustin said...

That's right woman! Make me some money!!

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...