Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bees and such

What a whirlwind we are in! Have I, by chance, mentioned that we are starting a business and moving to the country?
We are all-including the girls-very excited about this new phase in our lives, and the weather makes it even better. We went out to the country on Monday to get some family pictures taken for our website and blog. The website still has a way to go, but we do have a Facebook page up and going, so you can keep up on the business there. I will be sending out some moving cards with our address soon.

So I have been cleaning and packing, finding new doctors and therapists, and working on the marketing aspect of Olive Branch Apiary. This morning, I got quite a bit done, since I dropped the girls off at a friend's house for the morning. In turn, I will watch her son tomorrow morning.

Other than being pretty busy, we have all been doing really well here. We don't seem to have much of a routine anymore because we have been doing so much traveling to and from Homer. We've also been spending some extra time with friends. On Saturday, we had a little farewell gathering with some friends; then on Sunday, some friends took us out to lunch as it was our last day to see each other (well, not really LAST, but our last Sunday at church together). Emmy and Claire in matching dresses and bows

Addy and Lara in matching skirts...and pigtails

The girls are doing just great. Lara is doing much better with not having quite so many meltdowns. I've started a system where I will administer one "mark" for each meltdown. One "mark" equals one minute in the time-out chair. These marks are only for meltdowns, and only if I feel they are unnecessary. For Lara, this seems to be working. It is keeping her more aware of how she reacts, which in turn helps her to control herself better. Some days are still pretty rough, though.

Claire is talking more and more and it is so cute to hear her say, "EEEasssee, Mama!" (Please Mama). Claire is fearless, and is so different from her big sister. She likes to wear dresses and will fish through the dress-up clothes for a green hat and pink scarf.

We've had some beautiful weather lately, though sadly this weekend will be cold. This is not good for the bees that are arriving from Florida. They aren't prepared for winter weather, so will not survive the cold. We are going to have to keep them in the garage at Olive Branch with some heaters until Sunday, when it warms up a little more.

In the meantime, I am signing off, to do some yard work!! If you would like to see the rest of our family pictures that my sister Karee took, click HERE. Have a good week!

No comments:

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...