Sunday, September 2, 2012


Having a great time here. Yesterday (Saturday), we took a guided tour around Charlottetown.  We learned some historical facts about the town and island, and taste-tested various foods at restaurants and specialty stores.  We ate mussels, oysters, and tasted various olive oils, and potato vodka.  While Dustin took a nap later that afternoon, I visited the art gallery, did some shopping, and had some quiet time at a coffee house.  After Dustin and I grabbed some fish & chips for supper, we drove out into the country to see "Dark Knight Rises" at a drive-in theatre (I had the drive-in theater down on my list of fun summer activities, but never got around to it; now I have).

Oysters. Um, yuck.
Trying out mussels at Olde Dublin Club in Charlottetown, PEI.      

























Dustin is relaxing during the tour.  See the pretty flowers in the back? PEI is very fanciful when it comes to flowers.  They have them hanging or planted just everywhere.
I am sitting outside at our B & B

Equipment for production of honey and honey mead. Honeydew Apiary is located on Canoe Cove, PEI, just minutes from the water.

Me at Matos Winery (the vineyard is there behind me, a little hard to make out).
 From there, I drove us along Northumberland Straight (the body of water that separates PEI from Canada) until we hit Cap-Egmont.  We were using the same map we had with us 10 years ago, on which someone circled the town with a pen and wrote "glass houses" next to it.  We thought we'd see what that was about (we didn't get around to it last time).  Here is what we found: small houses made of bottles.

Go easy there.

He can't hold his liquor like I can.

Behind me to the right is a small structure made from glass bottles.  Neat, but someone had waaaaay too much time on their hands.

We closed the day by driving to New Glasgow for a "lobster supper."  It's an "all you can eat" style of dining.  First, you wait in line for, like, ever.  Once you are in, you pay a set price and eat your heart out.  Ironically, my body decided to be gluten-intolerant tonight, so I was done after one roll, but Dustin was in heaven.  He was committed to finishing all these mussels. And his lobster...and salad...and soup...and dessert.  I finally took my discomfort to the gift shop 'cause I just couldn't wait on him anymore.

But there, see, he ate all the mussels, and asked for a second bucket.

No comments:

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...