Thursday, February 28, 2008

Easter + silly pics + bragging

I like to dress Lara up. It's fun. It's like dressing up a little doll. Easter is coming up, so of course, I have been thinking about her Easter dress. I am sad to say that I have shopped through many a stores, and cannot find anything. Here is the dress that I love, and so does Dustin (it's ivory, not white). But we both quickly agreed that we could not justify paying $50 for a dress for a 16 month old! The money trees in my back yard have not sprouted yet. So I am still looking for a non-frilly, non-bowey, non-lacey dress.
I have already done the rest of the Easter shopping though, and have purchased some large plastic eggs for Lara's Easter Egg Hunt. Each egg has a little bunny inside it, since I am obviously not doing candy. So I am set.



I am trying to teach Lara how to be a couch potato. She is getting the hang of it. (I know she looks like she about to fall off, but I promise she didn't. It's just the way she is laying. I want to clarify that because I know there are some people out there who think Lara is made out of porcelain.)




Lara loves to sit on the back of the couch and dive off or slide down. (Again, promise, one of us is always there to catch her.) She thought it was really silly when I got up there too.


This is Lara signing "please," (and you can see she is saying it also now) and also her pants are falling down.


Could somebody please explain to Lara that this is, in fact, NOT a smile? This is the face she almost always gives to the camera. I think she knows the flash is coming...I have taken too many pictures.


**WARNING** bragging about Lara to follow:

Look! Lara can do this puzzle all by herself. Yesterday, I took most of the pieces out, if not all, and when I looked over 5 minutes later, she had it all done. This is the scary Night of the Rooster puzzle Dustin referred to. She's obviously gotten over her fears.

**BRAGGING OVER**

Tomorrow, I will post some pictures of Lara doing therapy with Miss Trisha (OT) and Miss Gretchen (PT). We are going to try out the AFO tomorrow, and I am glad. Lara is starting to walk pretty well holding just one hand now, so I am hoping the AFO will help her even more.
BTW, Those 4 teeth that recently popped through turned out to ALL be molars. Such a big girl!

1 comment:

Candy said...

Lara is so sweet. I love seeing all her pics and reading about your days.
My mother-in-law looked at one pic and thought it was Darcy! They do look a little a like.
Lara is getting so big, and she looks like she is enjoying her therapy!
We think of you all often!

Summer Start

Dustin and I planted tomato plants last night.  The evening was stunningly beautiful. Granted I had to put on a sweatshirt, but it was on...