Oh what a beautiful evening, oh what a beautiful night.

I've got a wonderful feeling, everything'll be all right.
This evening was beautiful, and Lara and I went on a walk, hung around outside making more bird feeders (they ate up the other one already), and went on our weekly DQ run. It is so nice to walk around Atlanta on a Sunday evening. It is so quiet and peaceful. We grudgingly came back inside to clean up and get ready for bed by 8.
The day turned out wonderful, though it didn't start that way. I was up all night with an upset stomach from something I ate the day before. I wasn't sure what I was going to do when morning came and I wasn't feeling much better (Dustin doesn't come home until Saturday night). To top it off, Lara woke up bright and early at 6am!! But being a mom just somehow makes you tougher than the average woman, and I managed to drag myself out of bed-only to find that Lara had again taken off her diaper and soaked her crib sheet and blankets. I managed to dress her before laying back down for a bit. Then managed some breakfast before laying down some more. Rather quickly, the sickness subsided, and I got back to chores and fun evening playing. I found time to wash all of Lara's bedding and included lots of hugs and kisses throughout the day. And our nice long nap in the middle of the day helped a lot. But boy, I really feel for those moms out there who continue to feel sick or out of sorts for the entire day, with more than one child!
But being sick was good for me because it helped me let go a little. I left the breakfast mess on the table, as I decided it could wait til later. I didn't stress over washing Lara's bedding (ALL her crib sheets were dirty), because I figured her laying on some blankets would suffice til I got to it. And I didn't feel guilty about not being an agressive, involved parent-sometimes just chilling on the couch and watching your child play is perfectly acceptable. I didn't stress over healthy snacks-because a bowl of goldfish is just fine. And a sandwich and carrots meal is just fine over of a big, home-cooked meal. It allowed me to see that the world doesn't fall apart when I don't have everything in perfect order and done in a timely fashion and cooked in the healthiest way. Of course, I don't mean to paint a picture that I am always stressed, running around, trying to make everything perfect. I am just a Type A person, and I enjoy working around the house, keeping everything cleaned and organized. But today reminded me never to stress over it. Everything'll be all right.
Now, I wanted to include a few pictures of the homemade pizza we made last night (maybe that's what made me sick? Lara didn't get sick, and it sure was good! Yum-o!). We included cheeses, ham, pepperoni, broccoli, and goat cheese. It was way better than the frozen pizza I almost bought! Lara made me laugh a lot because every time I turned my back, she would sneak bites off the pizza.
Delish!!
No comments:
Post a Comment